Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-13-2020, 08:34 PM
Dearth's Avatar
Dearth Dearth is offline
No Cookies
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Prince George
Posts: 1,229
Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default Different way of showing a tank

Never have I ever seen a tank like this one

https://youtu.be/PGMGv7hE6V4
__________________
My aquarium is nothing but a smorgasbord for my cats.....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2020, 10:41 PM
GreenSpottedPuffer's Avatar
GreenSpottedPuffer GreenSpottedPuffer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,324
GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

I read once that the floor would never hold the weight of this tank (660G) so steel beams were installed in above (and I think below) to distribute the weight. I can't wrap my head around how it works but it's crazy to me that it's a 660G tank in a condo that is not ground level.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-14-2020, 04:02 AM
FishyFishy!'s Avatar
FishyFishy! FishyFishy! is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary SE
Posts: 1,647
FishyFishy! is on a distinguished road
Default

That is one crazy mess of random T5's up top. Lol.
__________________

They call it addiction for a reason...
=======================================
I FEAR NO HALIDES!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Dearth's Avatar
Dearth Dearth is offline
No Cookies
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Prince George
Posts: 1,229
Dearth is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
I read once that the floor would never hold the weight of this tank (660G) so steel beams were installed in above (and I think below) to distribute the weight. I can't wrap my head around how it works but it's crazy to me that it's a 660G tank in a condo that is not ground level.
Even more is how he managed to get building codes for that and how did he even get that tank up there still itís one friggen awesome tank and the envy of many
__________________
My aquarium is nothing but a smorgasbord for my cats.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-16-2020, 08:26 PM
GreenSpottedPuffer's Avatar
GreenSpottedPuffer GreenSpottedPuffer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,324
GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
Even more is how he managed to get building codes for that and how did he even get that tank up there still itís one friggen awesome tank and the envy of many
Yeah true! I guess the tank was probably built on site but still...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-17-2020, 12:09 AM
Dash's Avatar
Dash Dash is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Westminster, BC
Posts: 231
Dash is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSpottedPuffer View Post
Yeah true! I guess the tank was probably built on site but still...



It's a pretty tank for sure. Perfect timing for you to do it for your new build eh?
__________________
Maggie
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-17-2020, 03:01 AM
GreenSpottedPuffer's Avatar
GreenSpottedPuffer GreenSpottedPuffer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,324
GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
It's a pretty tank for sure. Perfect timing for you to do it for your new build eh?
Hahaha, I can't even figure out where to safely place my tank, let alone suspend it in the air!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.