Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board

Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   British Columbia (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   looking for forum member to help out with basic tank set up, etc (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=126279)

bluebarry 06-09-2018 04:13 AM

looking for forum member to help out with basic tank set up, etc
 
looking for a fellow forum member with picking up a tank ( might need a pick up truck) experience of setting up a tank ,helping me seed some media (fo tank or fowlr, still haven't fully decided, and also couple steady hardy fish ,so I can basically have my new tank ready to go once it arrives. will have to be probably a week day thing and at the beginning of July. The fact of why it sounds rush is because I'm not in town that long and will be only here to set up and the tank is a surprise gift for the old man.

of course a nice meal and payment for your time will be in order plus whatever expenses needed , unless you prefer the more suitable friendly hand shake :wink:

pm for details

cheers

bluebarry 06-13-2018 08:49 AM

no one wants to help a poor soul out? :cry:

Myka 06-13-2018 11:47 PM

Sorry, I'm not in your neck if the woods. ;)

bluebarry 06-14-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myka (Post 1027949)
Sorry, I'm not in your neck if the woods. ;)

lol thanks for the offer though.

gregzz4 06-14-2018 03:54 AM

Honest answer ...
You need to make some connections with us members before you can start asking for this kind of help. Your best bet right now would be to employ Raf and his team to help you out. Raf is a CanReef member. Get in touch with him if you're in a hurry.

I've met some great peeps here over the years, and I'd do anything for them, within reason.
If you were one of them, my truck and I would be there for you anytime.

Of the over 200 people I've met on CanReef, I can think of a few who could call me anytime day/night for help and I'd be there no questions asked.
Then there's probably a couple dozen people I'd help the next day if they needed me.
And all the rest I've met, I'd do my best to answer their questions, steer them in the right direction, and maybe even give them a home visit to help if it worked out for me.

Good luck with your plans for your Old Man, and make some CanReef friends.

bluebarry 06-14-2018 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzz4 (Post 1027960)
Honest answer ...
You need to make some connections with us members before you can start asking for this kind of help. Your best bet right now would be to employ Raf and his team to help you out. Raf is a CanReef member. Get in touch with him if you're in a hurry.

I've met some great peeps here over the years, and I'd do anything for them, within reason.
If you were one of them, my truck and I would be there for you anytime.

Of the over 200 people I've met on CanReef, I can think of a few who could call me anytime day/night for help and I'd be there no questions asked.
Then there's probably a couple dozen people I'd help the next day if they needed me.
And all the rest I've met, I'd do my best to answer their questions, steer them in the right direction, and maybe even give them a home visit to help if it worked out for me.

Good luck with your plans for your Old Man, and make some CanReef friends.

i appreciate your honest reply, which why im offering payment for time and resources and i'm not just talking about a meal a McDonalds and 20 bucks for your time lol.

adding to that, i just need some help with seeded media and assembly. no need for pick up

Reef_Newb 06-15-2018 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluebarry (Post 1027961)
i appreciate your honest reply, which why im offering payment for time and resources and i'm not just talking about a meal a McDonalds and 20 bucks for your time lol.

adding to that, i just need some help with seeded media and assembly. no need for pick up

I think your best bet is just be patient and poor a bunch of "Stability" and "Seed" and get the bacteria going rather than ask someone to help give you media to help the cycle , you don't want to take a rock that has potential bubble algae or aptasia and start your tank right away with pests

Get some dry Marco Rock from JL and dump bacteria in and wait a few weeks for the cycle to complete then you know you have a clean tank inside

Coral Hoarder 06-15-2018 11:04 PM

Text me 6048037902 i do charge for my time but belive it is quite reasonable

Cheers, Scott

bluebarry 06-16-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reef_Newb (Post 1027989)
I think your best bet is just be patient and poor a bunch of "Stability" and "Seed" and get the bacteria going rather than ask someone to help give you media to help the cycle , you don't want to take a rock that has potential bubble algae or aptasia and start your tank right away with pests

Get some dry Marco Rock from JL and dump bacteria in and wait a few weeks for the cycle to complete then you know you have a clean tank inside

yeah i do feel that would be more safe. But time is kind of limiting me from it haha.

bluebarry 06-16-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coral Hoarder (Post 1027993)
Text me 6048037902 i do charge for my time but belive it is quite reasonable

Cheers, Scott

thank you i appreciate your help friend :biggrin:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.